Your privacy is critically important to us. At Effectiv, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide to us directly. Here are some examples:
- Basic account information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require you to provide an email address and set up a password, along with a username or name — and that’s it. You may provide us with more information — like your address and other information you want to share — but we don’t require that information for you to use Effectiv web application.
- Payment and contact information: If you are a business that has signed up for our services. We’ll collect information to process those payments and contact you. We also keep a record of the agreements and payments you’ve made.
- Business Profile: Some of our internal and partner tools store additional information from you as part of creating a user/customer profile. For example, if you are Effectiv customer we may add you to our customer relationship database using the information you provide us including your name, your employer, your job title or role, your contact information, and your communications with us. We might use information you provide us like your time zone and location information, your company and team information, and your contact information, to set up your account and power the services features.
- Content Information: You might provide us with information about you, your business, and your customer as plain text or media content like images, documents, etc. over REST APIs, SFTPs etc. to use our services features.
- Credentials: Depending on the services features you use, you may provide us with credentials (like SSH, FTP, SFTP and REST APIs, username, password, and tokens) for us to communicate with your systems or third party services.
- Communications with us: You may also provide us with information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our support and professional services team. When you communicate with us via form, email, phone, effectiv.ai comment, or otherwise, we may store a copy of our communications (including any call recordings as permitted by applicable law).
- Job applicant information: If you apply for a job with us — awesome! You may provide us with information like your name, contact information, resume or CV, and work authorization verification as part of the application process.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, including the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services — for example when you log in or log out on our web application.
- Usage information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that users perform on our website or web application — in other words, who did what and when (e.g., [username] reset “[password]” at [time/date]). We also collect information about what happens when you use our services (e.g., page views, searches, interactions within our web application and other parts of our Services) along with information about your device (e.g., screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our services to you, get insights on how people use our services so we can make our services better, and understand and make predictions about user retention.
- Location information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location if you allow us to do so through your device permissions.
- Stored information: We may access information stored on your device. We access this stored information through your device operating system’s based on user actions, for example, if you upload a document to our services.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example:
- Third-Party Services: If you use features in our Services that connect another service or data services (like Data Aggregators, Reputation Data Sources, Credit History) for the raw data we receive from you via our REST APIs and connectors, etc. to gather additional data points. These additional data points would be processed, stored as deemed best to provide a better service to our customers.
The information we receive depends on which services you use or authorize and what options are available.
Third-party services may also give us information, like mailing addresses for individuals who are not yet our users (but we hope will be!). We use this information for marketing purposes.
How and Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our services. For example, to set up and maintain your account, host data received by our system from you, backup and restore your data, provide customer service, innovative product features and verify user information.
- To ensure quality, maintain safety, and improve our services. For example, by providing upgrades and new versions of our services or by monitoring and analyzing how users interact with our services so we can create new features that we think our users will enjoy, solve end-customer problems and that will help them create and manage fraud more efficiently or make our services easier to use.
- To place and manage ads in our advertising program. For example, to place ads on advertising platforms as part of our advertising program, and understand ad performance.
- To market our services and measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our marketing. For example, by targeting our marketing messages to groups of our users (like those who have a particular fit or could benefit from engaging with us), advertising our services, analyzing the results of our marketing campaigns (like how many people further looked about our offerings after receiving a marketing message), and understanding and forecasting customer retention.
- To protect our services, our end-users, and the public. For example, by detecting security incidents; detecting and protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; fighting spam; complying with our legal obligations; and protecting the rights and property of Effectiv and others, which may result in us, for example, declining a certain event or terminating services.
- To fix problems with our services. For example, by monitoring, debugging, repairing, and preventing issues.
- To customize the experience. For example, to personalize your experience for our services, guided content, help sections, etc.
- To communicate with you. For example, by emailing you to ask for your feedback, sharing tips for getting the most out of our products, or keeping you up to date on Effectiv. If you don’t want to hear from us, you can opt-out of marketing communications at any time. (If you opt-out, we’ll still send you important updates relating to your account.)
- To recruit and hire new Effectiv team members. For example, by evaluating job applicants and communicating with them.
How We Share Information
We share information about you in limited circumstances, and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy explained below.
- Third-party vendors: We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need the information in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site. This includes vendors that help us provide our services to you (like Cloud Providers, Technology Providers, Managed Services, Data Sources Providers); those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g., by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns, and by placing ads to market our services); those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers); those that make tools to help us run our operations (like programs that help us with task management, scheduling, word processing, email, and other communications and collaboration among our teams); other third-party tools that help us manage operations.
- Legal and regulatory requirements: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental requests.
- To protect rights, property, and others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Effectiv, third parties, or the public at large.
- With your consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties when you authorize us to do so, like when you connected to a third party service through features in our Services.
- Aggregated or de-identified information: We may share information that has been aggregated or de-identified, so that it can no longer reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our services, or share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Published support requests: If you send us a request for assistance (for example, via a support email or one of our other feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in an anonymized form in order to clarify or respond to your request, or to help us support other users.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when it’s no longer needed for the purposes for which we collect and use it — described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information — and we’re not legally required to keep it. For example, we keep web server logs that record information about a visitor to Effectiv website or web application, like the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 180 days or dependent on the used systems and services. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to Effectiv’s services. As another example, when you make changes in the system, it may store a piece of versioned information that could be used to restore to that version. After the expiration period is up, the deleted content may remain on our backups and caches until purged.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. We monitor our services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks. You can check more details about our practices on our Security Page.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the information that you provide: If you are using our services, you can choose not to provide the non required/optional information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our services may not be accessible or have limited function or reduced usability.
- Opt-out of marketing communications: You may opt-out of receiving promotional communications from us. Just follow the instructions in those communications or let us know via our Contact Form. If you opt-out of promotional communications, we may still send you other communications, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set your browser to reject cookies: At this time, Effectiv does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Effectiv’s services, with the drawback that certain or dependent features may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Opt-out of our internal analytics program: You can do this through your user settings. By opting out, you will stop sharing certain analytics information with our analytics tool about events or actions that happen after the opt-out, while you’re logged in to your services.
- Close your account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, you can close your account if you no longer want to use our services by reaching out to Effectiv. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above — for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
How to Reach Us